Our infrared sauna is essential for your detoxification process. We want you to spend as much time as possible in the sauna. This will assist in flushing the toxic. The majority of these chemicals may be trapped in your fatty tissues. Perspiring forces them out, through the skin, exiting your system. With the release of toxins, you may feel yourself becoming increasingly more alert and energetic. So just sit back, relax and let the healing begin.
Red is called “The Great Energizer.” It loosens, releases stiffness and constrictions. It is excellent for areas that have become stiffened. Red is the first visible color we see after the infrared band is passed. It promotes cellular growth, stimulating the “will” aspect, or the circulatory system. It is therefore indicated for all colds, sluggish or dormant conditions, such as pneumonia, arthritis, anemia, as a liver stimulant, an energy builder, and for increasing circulation. Red links with and stimulates the base of the spine, causing the adrenal glands to release adrenaline. This results in greater strength. Red causes hemoglobin to multiply, thus increasing energy raising body temperature conditions as it stimulates sensory nerves such as hearing, taste, smell, and activates metabolism. It is excellent for anemia or blood-related conditions.
Blue on the other hand, is at the opposite end of the visible spectrum. Blue can be used for any type of ailments associated with speech, communication, or the throat. This is a mentally relaxing color. Blue has a pacifying effect on the nervous system encouraging great relaxation. It is ideal for sleep problems. Blue light connects us to holistic thought, and gives us wisdom and clarity enhancing communication and speech. Relaxing, soothing blue rays bring great calm and peace to the mind that is worried, excited, or in a constant nervous state. It is a very positive color, indicating loyalty and reliability, as expressed in the sentiment of being “true blue.”
Yellow helps awaken mental inspiration arousing higher mentality. Thus, it is an excellent color for nervous or nerve-related conditions or ailments; fueling the solar plexus. Yellow has a very enriching effect upon the intellect. Yellow can be used for conditions of the stomach, liver, and intestines. It can help the pores of the skin by repairing scarred tissue. These rays have an alkalizing effect which strengthens the nerves. Awakening, inspiring and vitally stimulating the higher mind promoting self-control. Typical diseases treated by yellow are constipation, gas, liver troubles, diabetes, eczema and nervous exhaustion. Providing clarity of thought, increasing awareness, stimulating interest and curiosity yellow energy is related to the ability to perceive or understand. The yellow energy connects us to our mental self.
Green is the universal healing color. Green is midway in the color spectrum; therefore, it contains both a physical nature and a spiritual nature, in equal balance and in equal harmony. Thus, green can be used for just about any condition in need of healing. When in doubt, green will always work. Help relax muscles, nerves, and thoughts. The color green cleanses and balances our energy, to give a feeling of renewal, peace and harmony. Used primarily for balancing our whole being It is neither relaxing nor astringent in its impact. In a more practical sense, green affects blood pressure and all conditions of the heart. Having both an energizing effect, moderating, or soothing effect. Green can help heal many illnesses of this nature, specifically including heart troubles, decreasing and stabilizing blood pressure, ulcers, cancer, headaches, nervous disorders and influenza, and acts as a general tonic.
Orange has a freeing action upon the mind, relieving repression. Because orange is a blend of red and yellow, it combines physical energy with mental wisdom, inducing a transformation between lower physical reaction and higher mental response. Thus, it is often referred to as “The Wisdom Ray.” Orange is warm, cheering, and non-constricting. Through orange, we are able to heal the physical body (red) and, at the same time, induce within the mind (yellow) greater understanding. Orange helps assimilate new ideas. Orange is the best emotional stimulant, helping to remove inhibitions paving independent social behavior. Bring joy to your workday and strengthen your appetite for life. Orange aids in repairing inflammation of the kidneys, gallstones, menstrual cramps, epilepsy, wet cough and all sinus conditions.
Violet is the last color we can see before light passes on to ultra-violet. This color is an excellent remedy for neurosis, diseases of the scalp, sciatica, tumors, rheumatism, cerebral spinal meningitis, concussion, cramps and epilepsy. Violet animates and cleans the venous blood. It is generally not used for physical conditions; however, some color experts believe that it does provide nourishment to the cells in the upper brain. Violet purifies our thoughts and feelings giving us inspiration in all undertakings. The violet energy connects us to our spiritual self-bringing guidance, wisdom and inner strength, and enhances artistic talent and creativity. Leonardo da Vinci proclaimed that you can increase the power of meditation ten-fold by meditating under the gentle rays of violet, as found in church windows. Light therapy uses colors for their proposed healing abilities in treating emotional and physical disturbances. Light therapy is based on the premise that different colors evoke different responses in people. For example, some colors are considered to be stimulating, whereas others may be soothing. Color therapy has been suggested for many uses, based on tradition or on scientific theories. Consult with a health care provider before using color therapy for any use.
What are the benefits of using an infrared sauna at New Pathways Wellness?
The benefits of using an infrared sauna are:
- better sleep
- weight loss
- relief from sore muscles
- relief from joint pain such as arthritis
- clear and tighter skin
- improved circulation
- help for people with chronic fatigue syndrome
People have been using saunas for centuries for all sorts of health conditions. While there are several studies and research on traditional saunas here are important facts on Infrared Saunas
- Several studies found that people with chronic fatigue syndrome benefited from using an infrared sauna as part of an overall treatment.
- Infrared saunas helped decrease muscle soreness and increase recovery from strength-training sessions.
- Infrared light therapy saunas help reduce blood pressure.
How do you use an infrared sauna at New Pathways Wellness?
Many people will do infrared sauna treatments at a health club, spa, or doctor’s office, while others will purchase and build one in their home. If you decide to give our infrared sauna a try you will be educated on how to use it. Here are some important suggestions on how to use ours.
- Drink water. Make sure you’re hydrated before going into an infrared sauna. Drink a glass of water before your session. You can also bring water into the sauna, especially if you’re sensitive to higher heats.
- Choose the temperature. The average temperature for an infrared sauna ranges from 100˚F to 150˚F, with beginners starting out at the lower end and more experienced users at the higher end. If this is your first time, start with 100˚F. You may want to stay at this temperature for a few sessions. You can always increase the temperature each session until you reach 150˚F.
- Length of time. For first-time users, start with 10 to 15 minutes. You can add time each session until you reach the suggested time of 20 to 30 minutes. Saunas come with a timer, so make sure to set it. You don’t want to stay in there too long and risk becoming dehydrated.
- Clothing. How you dress is your choice. Some people will wear bathing suits, while others prefer to go in naked.
- What you can do while in the sauna. Relax, read, meditate, listen to music, or visit with friends. Just don’t go to sleep.
- After the session is over. When your session is done, it’s suggested that you take your time and let your body cool down. Once cooled down, feel free to take a shower or bath. Just make sure you are drinking plenty of water.
- Number of sessions per week. Most facilities that offer infrared sauna treatments recommend using the sauna three to four days per week. If you are healthy and tolerate the four days, you can use the sauna daily.
What should you know before you try an infrared sauna at New Pathways Wellness?
There are a few things you should know before indulging in your first session.
- Avoid using an infrared sauna if you’ve been drinking alcohol.
- If you feel ill or have a fever, it’s best to wait to use the sauna until you’re feeling better.
- Using an infrared sauna will cause you to sweat a lot, so you may feel lightheaded when you stand up. If this happens, make sure you get up slowly and sit down once you leave the sauna. Drink water immediately after finishing your session and wait for your body to cool down before doing anything else.
- In extreme cases, some people may experience overheating (heat stroke and heat exhaustion) or dehydration.
If you have any health conditions such as high blood pressure, heart problems, or are under medical care, get cleared by your doctor before your first session. Even though infrared saunas have been found to be fairly safe, you don’t want to take any chances when it comes to your health and safety.
Have a Question?
MOST INSURANCE ACCEPTED
- (801) 901-0435